I made this recipe up (though heavily influenced from a similar recipe of my mum), so it isn’t precise, but here’s what I used approximately:
- 5 large frozen chicken breasts (put in the bottom of the cooker so they cook the best),
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen chopped onions,
- 1/4 cup of minced frozen garlic,
- two large handfuls of baby carrots,
- a normal sized container of double cream,
- a family size container of cream cheese,
- 1 Kallo brand organic French onion bouillon cubes,
- 2 Kallo brand organic mushroom bouillon cube (OR just one cube and add frozen mushrooms),
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Put all ingredients in, I let mine cook on low for the whole day, or on high for a few hours. Use a large spoon to break up the chicken right before you serve it (it is really soft and pliable at that point).
We serve this in bowls for a hearty, low-carb, soup-esc texture. This recipe would also be lovely alongside a fresh spinach salad, atop some noodles or poured over brown rice. It made enough for approx. 6-8 adults.