Joy’s thoughts: I really liked this post, it is so easy to fantasize about where the grass is greener, especially developing an “entitlement” mentality about which spouse is working harder at their job. Instead, we need to confess our sin of jealousy and ask the Holy Spirit for grace and joy to fulfill our jobs He has given us.
Let me paint you a picture:
- Dishes piled sky high in the sink.
- Toddler who wants your full attention all day long.
- Lots of emails in your inbox concerning an exciting project that you are contributing to that need to be answered sooner rather than later.
- A shiny new book that arrived two weeks ago from Amazon, and still hasn’t been cracked.
- Laundry overflowing in the hampers, and lack of clean laundry for all.
- Pouring, I mean pouring rain outside. Nowhere to go but inside.
- A list of creative toddler rainy day games with every single one crossed off…at least twice.
- Dinner to prepare…then cook.
- A phone call or two that needs to happen.
And then … (You can’t deny that you’ve done this too) … a picture pops into your weary, discombobulated mind: A picture of your husband. Alone. At the library. The quiet library. Researching. Reading about his…
View original post 527 more words