An update on us…. today we purchase our plane tickets to SCOTLAND!! should you want to help, here is the info we are looking at: the cheapest one way flight from RDU to ABZ for 2 adults, 1 infant for sometime on Jan 13th or 14thish. [state whether it includes luggage] Leave a comment!
We are really starting to get things together for our visas as well, which is uber exciting, if you are reading this- we covet your prayers as this move certainly is quite the transition for us!
Little augustine is doing great, 3 1/2 months today! He is getting 3 little teethies in and cannot express his dislike of the process any louder. He is smiling a ton, and we could not be prouder parents. Shaun even surprised me and bought him a cute little sweater from Gymboree :), i’ll try to post pictures soon! [check out our family page for photos]
Here is something I thought that might be helpful for you!
A wife can be a blessing to her husband by honoring him as the Church honors Christ and giving Him specific gifts of love:
1. Give Him admiration and respect. Work to understand and appreciate his value and achievements as his wife. Remind him of his capabilities and gifts and help him maintain his walk with God and also his self-confidence. Be proud of your husband, not out of duty, but as an expression of sincere admiration for the man you love and with whom you have chosen to share your life (Ephesians 5:22-23, 33)
2. Provide sexual fulfillment. Become an excellent sexual partner to him. Study your own response to recognize and understand what brings out the best in you; then communicate this information to your husband, and together learn to have a sexual relationship that you both find repeatedly satisfying and enjoyable (Proverbs 5:15-19; Song of Solomon 4:9-5:1; 1 Corinthians 7:1-5; Hebrews 13:4)
3. Cultivate home support. Create a home that offers him an atmosphere of peace and quiet and refuge. Manage the home and care of the children. The home should be a place of rest and rejuvenation. Remember, the wife/mother is the emotional hub of the family (proverbs 9:13, 19:13, 21:9, 19, 25:24)
4. Strive to be an attractive wife. Pursue inner and outer beauty in that order. Cultivate a Christlike spirit in your inner self. Keep yourself physically fit with diet and exercise, wear your hair, makeup, and clothes in a way that your husband finds attractive and tasteful. Let your husband be pleased and proud of you in public, but also in private (Song of Solomon 1:8-10, 2:2, 6:13-7:9, 1 Peter 3:1-5)!
5. Become his best friend. Develop mutual interests with your husband. Discover those activities your husband enjoys the most and seek to become proficient in them. If you learn to enjoy them, join him in them. If you do not enjoy them, encourage him to consider others that you can enjoy together. Become your husband’s best friend so that he repeatedly associates you with the activities he enjoys most (Song of Solomon 8:1-2, 6).
This list was compiled by Dr. Danny Akin for the welcoming orientation for incoming married students at SEBTS. I have the list on my bathroom mirror so that way each day as I spend time getting ready I can remember to get my heart ready to bless my husband. I hope you will also print this out in a place where you spend a lot of time (the computer desk, the frig, the shower [laminate it!], a day-planner) and get prepared for honoring the Lord through honoring your husband. Love you all! Thanks for reading!